Florida Appeals and trial firm David W. Singer & Associates (Miami) celebrated a victory for their clients, Tonie and Jana Broadway on Friday after the Fifth District Court of Appeal affirmed a trial court’s order granting a new trial. The win sends the case back to Marion County for a jury trial against Silver Springs Bottled Water Company where Mr. Broadway, suffered a catastrophic injury. “The appellate court recognized the trial court’s superior vantage point in determining that the Broadways were deprived of a fair trial because of the improper admission of irrelevant evidence,” said Florida Appeals founder, Shannon McLin. McLin continued, “We’re thrilled to have the opportunity to present the Broadways’ case without the irrelevant distractions that caused the jury to confuse the issues.” The new trial is expected to commence in 2022.
- Thomas W. Sculco, Former Judge and Double Board-Certified Lawyer Joins Florida Appeals
- Florida Appeals Team Successfully Obtains Reversal of Order Dismissing Fraud Claim
- Florida Appeals Team Successfully Defends on Appeal a Final Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage Entered in Bay County
- Florida Appeals Successfully Defends Final Order Dismissing Motion to Enforce Final Judgment and Compel Sale of Marital Home
- Florida Appeals Successfully Defends Order Denying Motion to Quash Personal Service on Behalf of Injured Motorist